Benefits of IRCEP
Reasons to seek IRCEP approval
There are several reasons why programs might apply for IRCEP approval, includng the following:
- IRCEP provides the program with an opportunity to measure itself against a set of internationally created standards for educating and training counsellors.
- IRCEP’s application process includes an external review of the applicant program by an international group of counsellor educators.
- Listing on the IRCEP Registry provides programs with a special and prestigious recognition.
- IRCEP approval of programs assists the public in recognizing quality programs.
- IRCEP registered programs may attract the attention of prospective students and may increase international student interest.
- The IRCEP standards will encourage and build stronger professional counsellor identity within programs and their graduates.
- IRCEP programs will be a part of a network of programs that can share information across borders and advance the knowledge base of the profession worldwide.
- Graduating from an IRCEP approved program may facilitate students’ entry and mobility into advanced degree programs.